|Sir Gordon W. Duff|
- Florey Professor of Molecular Medicine at the University of Sheffield, Principal, St Hilda’s College, University of Oxford, and former Director of the Division of Genomic Medicine in the School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University of Sheffield in the U.K.
- Extensive research focus in the fields of inflammation, cytokine biology, and genetics, and has authored more than 300 publications.
- He and his colleagues were the first to report on varying inflammatory responses in relation to IL1 and TNFa genetic variations.
- Accredited in General Medicine with specialist accreditation in Molecular Medicine and Clinical Rheumatology.
- He chairs several UK national advisory bodies and currently heads the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC). He formerly was head of Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), the UK’s equivalent of the FDA.
- Recipient of several international prizes and honors, he was previously Research Dean of the Sheffield Medical School, Research Director of the Faculty of Medicine and President of the International Cytokine Society.
- He is recognized as one of the world’s leading experts on the role of genetics on the inflammatory process and chronic disease risk.
- Knighted in 2007 for his outstanding contributions to drug safety as Chairman of the UK Commission on Human Medicines, and in 2014 was named in the Times Higher Education Review as one of the top 100 practicing scientists in the UK.
|Gary C. Armitage|
- R. Earl Robinson Distinguished Professor of Periodontology at University of California San Francisco, USA.
- Past President of the Periodontal Research Group of the International Association for Dental Research and Chair of the ADA Council on Scientific Affairs.
- He has published over 100 papers and in 2000 he received the Gold Medal Award of the American Academy of Periodontology for his contributions to the field of periodontics.
- He was awarded many international awards, including the coveted “Distinction in Teaching Award” by the Academic Senate of the University of California; Fellow of the American College of Dentists, Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International, Pierre Fauchard Academy, and Honorary Professor of the West China College of Stomatology (Sichuan University) and Peking University School of Stomatology.
|Iain L. C. Chapple|
BDS, PhD, FDSRCPS (Glas), FDSRCS (Edin)
- Professor of Periodontology and Head of the School of Dentistry at the University of Birmingham UK.
- Former Scientific Editor of the British Dental Journal and Journal of Periodontal Research and currently Associate Editor of the Journal Clinical Periodontology and Periodontology 2000.
- He has published over 150 peer reviewed manuscripts in the international scientific literature and authored 7-textbooks and 16 book chapters>
- President of the International Association for Dental Research (IADR) Periodontal Research Group (2006-7); was Treasurer of the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP) 2007-2013.
- Iain was President of the British Society of Periodontology in 2014-2015 and was awarded the Charles Tomes medal by the Royal College of Surgeons in 2011 and the Rizzo Research Award of the IADR Periodontal Research Group in 2001.
- He leads Birmingham’s Periodontal Research Group, part of Birmingham’s Medical Research Council’s Centre for Immune Regulation and is Director of Research for the Institute of Clinical Sciences.
- Najjar Endowed Professor & Chair of the Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry and Professor of Biomedical Engineering at the College of Engineering, USA.
- Received his Periodontology training and Doctor of Medical Sciences in Oral Biology from Harvard University, and subsequently completed postdoctoral training in Molecular Biology at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School.
- He was a Visiting Professor at the Biotechnology Institute of Regenerative Medicine at the University of Genoa Medical School in Genova, Italy in 2006 and a Visiting Professor in the Department of Periodontology at the Eastman Dental Institute, University College London in 2013.
- He is Editor-in-Chief for the Journal of Dental Research and has edited textbooks on clinical research, periodontal regeneration and translational research.
- He was past president of the American Academy of Periodontology Foundation and consultant to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Dental Devices.
- Dr. Giannobile has received numerous awards from the American Academy of Periodontology including the Earl Robinson Regeneration Award, Clinical Research Award, and the Distinguished Scientist Award for his research contributions to the field.
DDS, PhD, MMSC
- WR Kenan Jr Distinguished Professor; Director, Center for Oral and Systemic Diseases; Chairman, Department of Periodontology, University of North Carolina, USA.
- He has published more than 250 scientific papers, and his work was instrumental in establishing the role of periodontal disease in adverse pregnancy outcomes and other systemic diseases.
- He has received numerous national and international awards including the Norton Ross award for clinical research, the Gies Award and the Basic Research in Periodontal Disease Award from the International Association for Dental Research. In 2015 Dr. Offenbacher received the American Dental Association’s Gold Medal Award for Excellence in Dental Research.
- He is past president of the American Association of Dental Research.
|Panos N. Papapanou|
- Professor and Director of the Division of Periodontics, and Chairman of the Section of Oral, Diagnostic and Rehabilitation Sciences, at the College of Dental Medicine, Columbia University, New York, USA.
- Authored more than 125 publications encompassing studies of the epidemiology of periodontal disease, the assessment of microbial and host-derived risk factors, and the pathobiology of periodontitis and its role in general health.
- Recipient of several international awards, most recently the William Gies Award for Clinical Research from the International Association of Dental Research (IADR) (2015).
- He is board member of several journals, Fellow of the American College of Dentists, and Past President and Councilor of the Periodontal Research Group of the IADR.
MD, DDS, DrMed
- Professor of Periodontology and Director of the Postgraduate Program at the Faculty of Odontology University Complutense of Madrid, Spain.
- He is the former Dean of Faculty of Odontology University Complutense and the former Head of the European Council of Dental Deans.
- Authored more than 250 publications related to the etiology and pathogenesis of periodontal diseases and their clinical management.
- He leads the Spanish Government recognized research group — Aetiology and Therapeutics of Periodontal Diseases.
- Dr. Sanz chairs several European advisory bodies and currently heads the Workshop Committee of the European Federation of Periodontology.
- Recipient of several international prizes and honors, including an Honorary Doctorate from the University of Gothenburg in 2015.